Fall 2012 Iota Nu Newsletter
Fall is almost in the air and I want to share some of the great things going on with our Iota Nu Chapter!
You may ask, “What has Iota Nu done for you?”
Well, several things!
- We now have a chapter website! http://thecircle.nursingsociety.org/IotaNuChapter/Home/
If you’re like me, you “google” a lot! So just google “Sigma theta tau iota nu website” and it will get you there too! And we have photos of our chapter at the Alzheimer’s Walk September 2012 under “Events” Stay tuned for more photos in that area!
You’ll see our immediate past president, Karen Koerber-Timmons, accepting our key chapter award at the Biennium November 2011, Chapter news to the right has the current events posted. There is an easy “Renew today” button too.
- Iota Nu Research Grants
Iota Nu Chapter is offering its members 2 research awards at $500 each semester (total of $2000). This is an increase from past years!
Follow this link (go to the Awards menu on the website)
for the following documents 1) the purpose and guidelines and 2) the application and agreement. Contact the chair of the Research Committee, Dr. Gloria Duke for any questions at
- Our annual Fall dinner meeting is October 23rd,, 7 pm at Napoli’s Italian Restaurant in Kilgore, you can pay at the event and use the link to RSVP
- Our chapter’s 25th anniversary celebration will be April 19, 2013, and we need volunteers to serve on a task force! We will have a meeting this fall and begin to plan this event honoring our history. Don’t miss it!
- Our Fall induction will be November 15 in the Graduate Nursing Building. Updates for times will be posted on Chapter News on the website.
- Exciting projects in the planning stages: A) Poster competition online with a cash prize including research and practice topics. Stay tuned for guidelines! B) Mentor program: committee members Vicki Jowell and Christine Gipson C) Working on establishing a Facebook page.
- Lastly, I and two board members ( Katheryn Courville, and Connie Wyszynski) were able to attend the Leadership Forum in Indianapolis in September. See below picture our group and new friends at lunch. Several take away points: STTI is unique; we are blended between being an honor society and a professional organization. It is an honor and a responsibility to be a part of the organization. And it is an honor to be your president,
Belinda Deal, RN, Phd, CEN